Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ask yourself: do I like no upgrades? Do I like up to date binary packages? Do I like auto dependency resolution that works unlike redhat? Do I like i3

Ask yourself: do I like no upgrades? Do I like up to date binary packages? Do I like auto dependency resolution that works unlike redhat? Do I like i386 and amd64 chip? Do I like a current kernel? Do I like stable rock solid enterprise platform that obsoletes redhat and takes on FreeBSD head to head? Can I live without ZFS that FreeBSd has? Do I like a platform where I will get few bugs compiling free software since most of it is devloped on linux not bsd? If you answered yes to all of these then welcome to Archlinux. To my view only the utility of ZFS outwighing the problems of having upgrades that can nuke you and compiling everything endlessly on FreeBSD is a competitive choice.

No comments: