Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Newt Gingrich Would Ask Ben Bernanke to Resign

Newt Gingrich Would Ask Ben Bernanke to Resign Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011 05:19 PM By Jim Meyers Share: More . . . A A | Email Us | Print | Forward Article inShare1 Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich tells Newsmax that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is “dangerous” and should be ousted from his post. In a wide-ranging exclusive interview taped for a Newsmax 2012 Campaign Special, the former House speaker was asked if he is satisfied with the role the Federal Reserve has played during the economic crisis. “No. I think it is a disaster and I think it’s a real affront to democracy,” Gingrich says. “Chairman Ben Bernanke has had far too much power. He has spent trillions of dollars with no supervision and no check and no responsibility. Editor's Note: Watch the Newsmax 2012 Campaign Special with Michael Reagan — Go Here Now. “I want us to audit the Fed. I want us to propose that every decision document since 2008 be released so that people can see who got money, who didn’t, when was the decision made, why was it made. “I would ask Chairman Bernanke to resign, and if he refused I would ask the Congress to pass a law to end his term early and have an interim chairman. I think he’s a very bad chairman and I think economically he’s a very dangerous chairman.”

No comments: