Thursday, August 11, 2011

Steinem Still Stuck on Palin's Looks August 10, 2011 Listen To It! WMP | Flash Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now! BEGIN T

Steinem Still Stuck on Palin's Looks
August 10, 2011

Listen To It! WMP | Flash
Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I remember the first time this happened I got in a little trouble but I'm gonna -- I'm gonna risk it again. We're gonna go back to the campaign of 2008. I'm gonna replay myself saying some things about Sarah Palin, and I got in trouble back then, even before I was married, for these things, but I'm gonna run at risk of it here again because Gloria Steinem has brought it back up. Gloria Steinem of the NAGs, the National Association of Gals, was on The Joy Behar Show last night on Headline News. Joy Behar was interviewing feminist Gloria Steinem about Republi..." (interruption) Don't ask me why Joy Behar got a job. Diversity. She only had two jobs, so she deserved another one. Anyway, Joy Behar said to the NAGs' bigwig Gloria Steinem, "What about the fact that people talk about how attractive they are, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann? Both very good looking women by American standards."

STEINEM: But that's also why they're there, because, as Rush Limbow (sic), your friend and mine, said that he was for Sarah Palin because she wore skirts and had good legs, so she should be vice president. He was against Hillary Clinton for president because she wore pantsuits and must have bad legs. This was his whole basis.

MAUDE: Yeah.

RUSH: Now, of course, I never said any of that. That's not what I said. We're gonna play for you what I said. That's not what I said. I didn't say they're qualified for any of those things. You want to hear what I said? (laughing) This is what Gloria Steinem remembers. This is from September 2nd 2008.

RUSH ARCHIVE: [S]he's a woman's woman, and she's a babe. She can wear skirts. She's got definable ankles. She has high heels, and she had her baby four months ago. Well, look it, that comment may bother some of you, but we're talking about why they're mad. Don't forget, Undeniable Truth of Life Number 24, folks, written by me in 1987: "Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream." It's almost like Obama all over, except this woman is young, Obama was young. This woman's clean, articulate, looks good, all the guys swoon; and the Hillary babes are stuck at the secretary's desk again with no chance to move up and get promoted because somebody's always coming along. It's so unfortunate. I think a lot of militant feminists are trying to change basic human nature because they think nature was so unkind to them in the first place. So there's a lot rolled into this, but it is clear one thing is unmistakable: They hate Sarah Palin. They hate her. And if you want to be honest with yourself, there's more than just politics involved as to why. And that's all I'm telling you. I'm sharing with you how they think, not I think. Folks, don't doubt me, you should know by now.

RUSH: That's what Gloria Steinem remembered. So what did she hear me say? What did Gloria Steinem hear me say in that comment? That Hillary has no ankles and that Sarah Palin does, that Sarah Palin can wear skirts and is a babe in them and Hillary Clinton can't -- and therefore Sarah Palin should be elected and Hillary shouldn't. I never said it, but that's what Gloria Steinem heard; and all it takes is recounting Undeniable Truth of Life Number 24, and it's over. (chuckling) You know, that sends 'em into orbit.
END TRANSCRIPT

No comments: